On Thursday, Nov. 18, Dallas College will celebrate Eliminate Tobacco Use Day, also known as the Great American Smokeout. If you’ve been thinking about quitting smoking or vaping, this day is for you! Our Health Services Department will have a table on each campus from noon to 1 p.m. with information about resources available to help you kick your tobacco habit.
- Brookhaven Campus: S003
- Cedar Valley Campus: A114A
- El Centro Campus: Student Center
- Eastfield Campus: C135C/Hive
- Mountain View Campus: Tree Top Lounge
- North Lake Campus: H200
- Richland Campus: C140
Stop by the table on your campus for free food and to learn how vaping, hookah and tobacco use could be impacting your health.
Tobacco use is still the No. 1 preventable cause of death and disease in the United States. It’s never too late to drop tobacco and improve your health.
We get it — the hardest part of quitting is taking the first step. But you don’t have to do it without help. As a Dallas College student, you have access to resources designed to make your tobacco-free journey successful. Still not sure where to start? Check out these great options:
- You can schedule an on-campus appointment with Health Services to talk through options and services and get a free quit kit.
- Did you know that there’s 20 cigarettes’ worth of nicotine in just one Juul pod? “This Is Quitting” is a free, anonymous texting program designed to help you quit vaping. Text DITCHVAPE to 88709 or visit the Truth Initiative’s website to get started.
- The Texas Department of State Health Services offers phone and online programs to help you quit for good.
Secondhand smoke has the same harmful chemicals that smokers inhale firsthand. Dallas College is proud to join the eliminate tobacco movement by making all campuses tobacco- and vape-free environments.
If you’re trying to quit smoking, vaping, dipping or any other sort of tobacco use, visit dallascollege.edu/TobaccoFree for more information.