Don’t miss our Dallas College career fairs in April when employers from the Dallas area will be on-site interviewing prospective candidates for positions in a variety of industries! Preparation is the key to building your confidence and making a great impression as a stand-out candidate.
Here are a few tips to help you prepare.
- Have an updated resume — Prepare a well-written resume that has been proofed and is free of errors to share with potential employers. If you have multiple career objectives, you may need more than one version of your resume.
- Start your Handshake profile — The Handshake app can match you with job opportunities and internships tailored to your interests. Once you activate your account, complete your profile and upload relevant documents, you can begin exploring opportunities.
- Speak with a Career and Transfer Specialist — Career and transfer skills development services and resources are provided to students at no cost. Services include resume writing assistance, career exploration, coaching, job application assistance and development workshops to enhance marketable skills.
- Prepare your opening dialog or “pitch” and dress the part — Your “pitch” is a 30- to 60-second speech explaining who you are, your skills and career goals. Rehearse your “pitch” to be prepared for a conversation. Dress to impress. A well-groomed candidate that is dressed professionally will stand out to employers.
- Bring your smile and a great attitude — Show prospective employers that you are interested in working with them.
Visit DallasCollege.edu/CareerFair for more information about our career fairs and the full schedule of events.