Dallas College provides the 1098-T form yearly to students who enrolled in credit classes during the previous tax year per IRS regulations. The 1098T shows the amount of tuition paid for credit classes by you or by financial aid received during the tax year, as well as the amount of financial aid you received during the tax year. Your 1098-T forms for 2022 will be mailed or available online by Feb. 1, 2023.
- You made payments for credit courses or took out a federal loan to pay for credit courses during calendar year 2022 and
- Your total non-loan financial aid for the year was less than the amount of payments made and/or federal loans taken out during calendar year 2022.
Students who do not meet both of these requirements will not receive a 1098-T form.
Get Your 1098-T Form From Dallas College
There are four ways to get your 1098-T form. The easiest method to use is filling out the Heartland ECSI’s EConsent form online. You’ll get an email as soon as your form is ready with instructions on how to access your 1098-T form online. With this method, you won’t get a paper form in the mail. That helps the environment and gets you your form faster.
Three other ways to get your 1098-T form:
1. Get Your 1098-T Form by Mail
Eligible students who do not sign up to receive an electron version should receive a copy of their 1098-T form in the mail.
2. Get Your 1098-T Form Online
Eligible students can access their 1098-T online through our service provider, Heartland ECSI. To access your form online:
1. Go to the Heartland ECSI website.
2. Click on Tax Documents.
3. Click on “I need my 1098-T Tuition Tax Statement.”
4. Under School Search, start typing “Dallas,” and “Dallas College” should appear in the drop-down list. Select it and press Submit. When 1098-T forms are available on the site, you will need to enter your first and last name, Social Security number and ZIP code to access your form.
Note: If you are on the ECSI website and need help, click on Contact Us and you can chat live with a customer service advocate. You can also contact ECSI customer service, toll free, at 866-428-1098.
3. Get Your 1098-T Form by Request
If you can’t get your 1098-T form online through Heartland ECSI, you may contact us to request one. (In your request, you must provide your name as it appears in our records, your student ID number and a phone number where you can be reached.)
Send an email to 1098T@dcccd.edu with the above information included.
Heads up: The deadline to request a 1098-T or to request changes is March 9, 2023.
See 1098-T Forms: Frequently Asked Questions for answers to some of the common questions students have.