Last updated on March 9, 2022
We join with others who have expressed rightful concern about recent guidance that could impact the transgender community. The lives of all young people are precious for they are our leaders, change makers, innovators, advocates, and societal architects of tomorrow. Most importantly, our youth—like all other people—are human beings whose value and worthiness must be affirmed and protected rather than targeted or scrutinized. We recognize the individual and collective value of our student community and commit ourselves to advocating for their equitable access to increased support measures and safety protocols.
We are committed to supporting our Dallas College student community by leading the charge to foster a culture that is inclusive, respectful, and safe for everyone.
If you or someone you know have experienced transphobic-based harm, sexism, gender targeting, harassment, assault, stalking, bias, or discrimination based on one or more protected characteristic(s), please consider the following:
- Seek support from Dallas College-offered support services including the Counseling and Psychological Services (for students), LGBTQ+ Student Resources, Employee Assistance Program (for employees) and Mental Health Awareness Resources.
- Engage with external support organizations and services including GLAAD and The Trevor Project.
- Report incidents of sexism, transphobia, misogynoir, gender-identity based discrimination, bias, or harassment via the following applicable form:
- Dallas College Sexual Misconduct Report Form– for Title IX alleged issues
Mental health support for members of the LGBTQIA+ community:
- LGBTQ Mental Health Resources (compiled organizational listing) (Opens in a new window)
- LGBT Behavioral Health Equity resources (Opens in a new window)
- Mental Health America toolkit (Opens in a new window)
- Trans Lifeline (Opens in a new window)
Ways to actively support members of the LGBTQIA+ community:
- Hollaback Bystander intervention Training
- Human Rights Campaign (Opens in a new window)
- Lambda Legal LGBTQIA+ Support Toolkits (Opens in a new window)
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning or Queer (LGBTQ) Health Toolkit (Opens in a new window)
- LGBTQ Resources List (Opens in a new window)
- LGBTQIA+ Behavioral Health Resources (Opens in a new window) (toolkit)
- National Center for Transgender Equality