Last updated on August 18, 2021
The Dallas College family greatly anticipates students, faculty and staff returning to campus. In preparation for this welcome return, our leadership team has been working to ensure our community stays healthy and safe.
Unfortunately, the new delta variant of COVID-19 is approximately 50% more contagious than the previously dominant alpha variant. This means transmission could occur after only a short window of exposure, perhaps as quickly as a few minutes spent in an elevator with an infected person.
To ensure the safety of our entire community, Dallas College is requiring mask wearing for anyone coming to a college location or event — even if you have been vaccinated. This includes wearing them during any indoor activities on campuses, in offices and at events such as Welcome Week when Fall classes start. This policy was issued in compliance with a Dallas County executive order issued on Aug. 16, 2021, requiring masks in public county schools and higher education institutions.
We ask you to be vigilant and take steps to keep yourself and everyone else safe and prevent the spread of COVID-19. These include:
- If you haven’t already, we strongly encourage you to get vaccinated against COVID-19. You can search for a vaccine provider near you and make an appointment. Walk-in appointments are available on Dallas College campuses.
- When wearing a mask, please wear it properly by covering both your nose and mouth.
- Wash your hands regularly throughout the day for at least 20 seconds with soap and water. If handwashing isn’t an option, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Maintain social distancing and keep at least six feet between yourself and others.
- Avoid gatherings and limit face-to-face interactions when possible.
- If you receive a positive COVID-19 diagnosis, please complete the Dallas College positive COVID-19 reporting form, isolate at home and away from others until it is safe to return and the Critical Response Office will be in touch with you soon. All information will be kept secure and confidential.
Thank you to everyone who works to make Dallas College a safe and healthy learning environment. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Critical Response Office.