Prepare now to apply for one of the six $400 scholarships available to Dallas College Honors Program students for the Fall 2021 semester.
To be eligible to apply for the scholarships, you must apply to the Honors Program first. Students from all campuses may apply to the Honors Program if they meet the program’s criteria.
The requirements for both current Dallas College students and incoming transfer students may be found here.
If you’re a first-time college student with fewer than 12 college credit hours, you only need to meet one of the following criteria:
- High school GPA of at least a 3.3 on a 4-point scale
- Top 25% high school class rank
- An SAT score (starting March 2016) of both at least 560 Math and at least 560 Evidence-Based Reading and Writing
- An SAT score (before March 2016) of at least 1130 Combined Score for both Math and Critical Reading
- An ACT score of at least 23 Composite Score with 21 Math and 21 English Scores
- TSI assessment with minimum scores of 360 Reading, 345 Math and 6 Essay Writing, or 5 Essay with 370 Sentence Structure Score
- Combinations of the above test scores are acceptable (for example, 560 SAT Math and 21 ACT English).
Once you know you’re eligible to apply for admission into the Honors Program, fill out the online application. Your academic record will then be reviewed, and you will receive an email letting you know whether you’ve been accepted.
The Joe Stanco Memorial Scholarships for the Honors Program open August 1, 2021, and close August 15, 2021. More information may be found here.
Apply to the Honors Program now so that you are prepared to apply for the Honors Scholarship on August 1.