Skip to content

Your Guide to Mental Health Awareness

Last updated on October 4, 2019

We have all been there; at times we feel stressed and overwhelmed. If you find yourself feeling more stressed than usual, you’re not alone. College is fun, but we get it — it can be overwhelming at times and trying to juggle classes, loans and family can be a lot. Did you know that Dallas Community Colleges have resources available to you, if you start feeling overwhelmed or anxious?

You probably know or have ways to cope with stress but talking with a college counselor can help you find solutions to personal or academic problems. A professional counselor can assist you in learning how to find success in college and after college. The colleges of DCCCD have counselors that are licensed professionals and highly qualified to listen to your concerns and lend a helping hand.  Don’t know where to go on campus for counseling? We have all the contact information listed below. Not on campus to schedule an appointment? Just give your college campus counseling center a call.

Brookhaven College Counseling Center

Stop by Student Support Services, S136, Monday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Tuesday-Wednesday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Thursday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., or call 972-860-4673. You can also send an email to, if you have any questions or concerns.

Cedar Valley College Counseling Center

Located in C206, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. If you have any questions or concerns, please call 972-860-5280 or email us at

Eastfield College Counseling Center

Located in C140, Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please call 972-860-7270 if you have questions.

El Centro College Counseling Center

Stop by the Health Center, A270, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You can also reach the Health Center by calling 214-860-2113 or emailing

Mountain View College Counseling Center

Located in S2076, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. You can email us at or call 214-860-3640.

North Lake Counseling Center

You can make an appointment in A311 in advance or come by in person, Monday-Thursday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.; Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. or call 972-273-3333.

Richland College Counseling Center

You can come in person to schedule an appointment in El Paso Hall, 082 — inside the Lakeside Resource Center, Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-7 p.m.; Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. You can also give us a call at 972-238-3771 or send us an email

If you would like to speak to someone outside the district, check out our Community Mental Health Resources.

Community Mental Health Resources

  • North Texas Behavioral Health Authority can help pay for community psychiatric, mental health and substance abuse services — please call 214-366-9407.
  • Suicide and Crisis Center of North Texas — please call 214-828-1000.
  • National Veterans Crisis Line — please call 800-273-8255 and press 1.
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline —please call 800-799-7233.
  • National Sexual Assault Hotline — please call 800-656-4673.
  • Message 741741 from anywhere in the United States to text with a trained crisis counselor. (Heads up —standard messaging rates may apply.)
Published inCommunityServices