Apply today for one of the six $400 scholarships available to Honors Program students for the Fall 2020 semester. The application deadline is Saturday, Aug. 15, so don’t wait until the last minute.
To be eligible to apply for the scholarships, you have to be an Honors Program student. Fortunately, you can still apply to the Honors Program as long as you meet the program’s criteria.
If you’re a first-time college student with fewer than 12 credit hours, you only need to meet one of the following criteria:
- High school GPA of at least a 3.3 on a 4-point scale
- Top 25% high school class rank
- An SAT score (starting March 2016) of both at least 560 Math and at least 560 Evidence-Based Reading and Writing
- An SAT score (before March 2016) of at least 1130 Combined Score for both Math and Critical Reading
- An ACT score of at least 23 Composite Score with 21 Math and 21 English Scores
- TSI assessment with minimum scores of 360 Reading, 345 Math and 6 Essay Writing, or 5 Essay with 370 Sentence Structure Score
- Combinations of the above test scores are acceptable (for example, 560 SAT Math and 21 ACT English).
If you are a first-time college student and your scores don’t meet the criteria, you can still gain admission to the Honors Program by your academic and professional accomplishments. You can set up an interview with your campus Honors representative.
There are also requirements for both current Dallas College students and incoming transfer students.
Once you know you’re eligible to apply for admission into the Honors Program, fill out the online application. Your academic record will then be reviewed, and you will receive an email letting you know whether you’ve been accepted.
The two scholarships you can apply for until Aug. 15 are the Joe Stanco Memorial Scholarship and the Richland Honors Scholarship. There are criteria you must meet for each scholarship to be eligible to apply.
You are free to apply for both scholarships. Don’t forget to apply before the Aug. 15 deadline.