Last updated on September 26, 2019
Have you heard about Dallas Community Colleges‘ WorkReadyU job training program? If not, you’re missing out and should check it out. Do you have work experience but would like to advance in your job? We’ve made it even easier for you to develop in-demand job skills for in-demand career paths for free! WorkReadyU offers weekend and evening classes, some even include paid internships and all who enroll receive free job placement assistance! So what are you waiting for? Your future awaits!
Do You Enjoy Helping Others? Take a Look at Health Care Job Training
- Patient care technicians work under nursing and medical staff to provide basic care to the patient. You will learn about bathing, dressing patients, assisting with personal hygiene, serving meals and monitoring vital signs.
- Certified nursing assistants provide basic patient care and usually receive on the job training. Nursing assistants work in clinics, hospitals or nursing homes under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Community health care workers are members of the community selected to provide basic health care to the community. You will have the opportunity to help people in a variety of settings. Some of your responsibilities may include outreach and support within your community.
Do You Enjoy Making Things? Consider Welding
- Welding is a technical and creative art with many facets. You may gain skills in tooling, drafting, pattern layout, metal sculpture, decorative ironwork and technical sales just to name a few. There are several career paths to choose from and plenty of opportunities for advancement in this field.
Become a Master in Today’s Software Programs
- Software application specialists support software systems for various clients. They may modify existing software, install new software and solve any problems that may come up.
- Office assistants are generally responsible for routine tasks and ensuring the office runs smoothly. You will improve your speed and accuracy in keyboarding, advance your skills in Microsoft Office and so much more.
- CompTIA allows you to grow your technical knowledge and expand your career in computer support. Sharpen your skills in basic networking and infrastructure, system security, installation and troubleshooting.
Do You Want to Make a Difference in a Child’s Life?
- Early childhood development expands your knowledge and provides skills to help you change the lives of young children. You will learn about child growth and development, wellness, child guidance and gain curriculum resources.
- Teacher’s assistants provide support to the classroom teacher such as assisting in teaching, record-keeping, supervising students and in lesson planning.
Want to Start Your Own Business?
- Introduction to entrepreneurship helps you become familiar with the role of starting a business, it’s importance in today’s society and how to bring new ideas to the startup and corporate setting.
- Entrepreneurship certificates are designed to prepare you to start, develop, learn finance and manage new ventures with high growth rates. You will study best practice in the field and will be exposed to successful practicing entrepreneurs.
Start a Free Job Training Program Through WorkReadyU!
Ready to get started? Visit the WorkReadyU website to get more information. Please call 214-860-5902 to see when the next orientation will take place.
Ready to take it one step further? Earn your degree or certification with the colleges of DCCCD in any of the programs mentioned and so much more.