Alexis’ #1 Tip for Surviving College

Last updated on September 26, 2019

This post was written by Alexis, a DCCCD student blogger and an Eastfield College student.

College is one of the most important steps in our lives. Many of us have dreamed of this moment since we were kids and as we grew older, our dreams of college grew with us. Now that we’ve gotten through the parts of completing college applications, choosing a college that we’ve been accepted to, making an appearance at orientation and creating that perfect class schedule, it is time to experience the new life as a college student.

Just remember that everyone has different opinions on college. Some love it and some hate it. You won’t know how you’ll feel about it until you’re the college student.

So, with that in mind, here is my one and only tip for you on how to survive college… take a deep breath and remember that if you work hard, you can accomplish anything. Is that two tips? Maybe? I’m not sure.

Anyway, college is a completely different experience from high school. So when you think you know it all, you actually don’t. Sorry to burst your bubble there! I realized during my sophomore year of college that I wasn’t doing myself any good by believing that everything I was going to do in college was going to be easy. It would only leave me unprepared when I’d actually come across a rough patch. I had to build myself up and challenge myself. Know that there will be challenges in college and they will be the greatest things you come across. After overcoming them, you’ll feel invincible. Remember to believe in yourself. You are capable of doing anything.

Will it be easy? Absolutely not. Nothing in life comes easy. Keep in mind that a strong person makes an even stronger impact. Goals are your best motivations. So set one and get moving!

Stay tuned for more posts from Alexis throughout the semester!

Published inWhy Dallas College?