DCCCD Ad Campaign: Meet Nikkie

Last updated on October 9, 2019

Today we’d like you meet another one of our student actors for our 2016 ad campaign: Nikkie! She’s a North Lake student from the Philippines and she worked with us to film an ad promoting our Nursing and Health Care programs. She did a great job working with us, and you can learn more about her and view the finished product below!

Nikkie Pasayan, North Lake College StudentSo you’re in our new ad campaign! What’s your name?

Nikkie Pasayan

What made you take an interest in doing the ad with us?

I was also a part of the last DCCCD ad campaign. And I had fun doing it so decided to give it a shot again.

What was the process of shooting like for you? What was it like being on set?

It was way different than the first shoot because on this shoot we had to say a short line. It was so much fun, even though at first my legs were shaking because of nervousness, but everyone made me feel welcome. We were all treated like we were real models/actors. We had a makeup artist/hairstylist. There’s also a wardrobe staff!

What did you like (or not like) about being in the ads?

It makes me feels that I am part of something special.

What are you studying? Why did you choose it? Why did you choose to study at DCCCD?

I’m currently studying at both North Lake College and University of Texas at Arlington. I actually love NLC better than UTA. First off all, the tuition is way cheaper and the professors have more care for their students.

What were you doing before attending DCCCD?

My family and I had just migrated from the Philippines. We were having a hard time adjusting to our new environment.

What are your educational or professional plans after DCCCD?

I already have an associate degree in science from North Lake, and now I’m working on my pre-med [qualifications] in psychology with a minor in biology. Hopefully after graduating I’ll get into medical school.

What do you like best about DCCCD?

As I have said before, I personally believe that studying at a DCCCD college is better than studying at a university. Not just because of the low-cost tuition but because of the amount of students per class. Being in a small class helps you concentrate more. The professors also give you a lot more attention regarding your grades and how you are doing in class.

What is something you enjoy doing in your spare time?

I love reading, shopping and of course, eating!

Thanks for your help with this campaign, Nikkie! Stay tuned, readers – there are more DCCCD 2016 ad campaign student profiles coming soon.

Published inWhy Dallas College?